lørdag 31. desember 2011

Some New Year's Wishes... everyone needs at least one!

The new year has arrived (it’s already past 2:30 AM here), so I figured it was time for some New Year’s Wishes.

First of all, I’ll tell you, I’m not gonna be bullshitting around with wishes like “global peace” and “equality for everyone.” Sure, it’d be real nice, but let’s face it; the world is cruel and unwelcoming, the human race is parasitic and, sorry mate, these sorts of wishes are impossibilities. I’m an atheist; I do not believe in miracles. This world is totally fucked up already; better make the most of what we have instead of throwing around lofty hopes and begging for a wonders.

However, there’re always things that can be made possible, that actually may be born to see the light of day. Yeah, I do believe in Blue Sky Visions. Especially when they’re of the kind that can be of great importance to some of my friends.

Wish 1:

That the creation and extraction of stem cells will lead to the creation of “blank” (without cell-surface molecules) transplantable organs.

Pretty much all the cells in your body have cell-surface molecules (Type-O blood cells are one exception though), and the structure and placement of those molecules is unique for each genetically different person. This makes the body’s immune system able to detect and reject an unknown cell-surface structure, thus hindering harmful bacteria and viruses. HOWEVER, your body will also reject a transplanted organ with a different cell-surface structure, leading to you having to take a medicine to weaken your immune system the rest of your life. With “blank” cells, though, you won’t have this problem. So, science, we’re cheering for you! I know at least one person who’d seriously benefit from this.

Wish 2:

That the transforming of sperm into egg cells, and vice versa, will make same-sex partners able to have their own biological children.

Someone just told me that scientists have been able to transform eggs into sperm and vice versa, and if that’s true, it would make same-sex partners able to have biological children of their own. Now that’s something!

Personally, I think the world is too crowded already and that adopting is quite an amazing thing, but I do understand that having a biological child of your own is quite special and desirable to many.

This would be a fine thing for transvestites too, which as it happens, I know a couple of. I’m cheering for you!

Wish 3:

That all suicidal teens may find something in their lives that make them worth to live. I do happen to know a tad bit too many juveniles who live with sporadic or constant suicide thoughts, who may, at many occasions actually seriously consider it or almost carry through with it. It’s sad, but I’ve been there before myself, which is a story I may or may not tell some other time, and had it not been for a couple of people that over the internet carried me through the most critical period, I can say there’s a 99% probability I wouldn’t be here today. I was able to come to the core of the problem, with those people’s help, and accept myself. May you all do the same; finding the needed acceptance and carry on with and bettering your lives. I certainly can relate.

So, that’s all I have to say, I guess. Hopefully, those wishes may just come true. Now, I’m off to answer some youtube comments and stuff.

See ya!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar